The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while in Houston LFS hoping a few weeks ago my wife and I came across this platy in a display tank. Unfortunately the store couldn't say when they might be getting more in with this coloration. Since then my wife had become infatuated with it and really would like some for her classroom tank.

I've been watching aqua bids and scouring both the Internet and LFSs across Houston. If you have or know any place to purchase platys that look like the one below I'd be eternally grateful.

I'd also be willing to pay well more than they are really worth if someone has some.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
yup, I would also say some variatus... Those Dalmatian spots does make it look like a hybrid.
You put enough different swords and platies together and sooner or later you will have something like that.

my next hybrid attempt will be with a giant strain orange commet (two black tips on tail) female with a super red platy male.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
A large school of them is awesome.
And they really do act like schooling fish... especially around meal times.

I am waiting for an orange tuxedo one to drop her little ones, she is really pretty, a metallic orange with black centre band. I have never seen a fish that pregnant. it looks like a rainbow fish.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. We made another trip to Houston today and found another LFS with some smally plats very similar to the one I originally posted. Going to grow them out and see how they turn out. They're pretty skittish hiding in the planted quarantine tank right now but I'll post some pics once they come around.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks everyone. We made another trip to Houston today and found another LFS with some smally plats very similar to the one I originally posted. Going to grow them out and see how they turn out. They're pretty skittish hiding in the planted quarantine tank right now but I'll post some pics once they come around.

Thanks again.
how did they turn out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.