The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this is the start of a High tech tank (I hope). It will be my first tank with CO2, High light, and a large assortment of new equipment (time to get rid of my HOB filter).
Nice and Cloudy

Some MALAYSIAN Driftwood I got off ebay out of the water

and in the cloudy water I added some java ferns from my last setup onto it

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is where I kept my plants during the new fluorite I added

How I filled the tank...See my helper??:icon_lol: I had no hose to I used an old Milk jug and put holes into it to make it drain slowly into the tank. Still ended up cloudy!:icon_twis

Bad shot of the Bio Spira I used to help speed up the first cycle. It clams 24 hours!!!!

Top of the tank with the soon to be trash HOB filter:icon_twis

·
Registered
562 Posts
completely off-topic, but you have the exact same plates I have! I got mine at Target in a set on clearance for 7 bucks. :) Also, you get awesome resolution on your camera phone.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
completely off-topic, but you have the exact same plates I have! I got mine at Target in a set on clearance for 7 bucks. :) Also, you get awesome resolution on your camera phone.
Ya, I got mine at target too :hihi:
Thats to only reason I got a Razor, for the nice camera!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Looks like all is going well so far. Very good pictures for a phone :D Nice little helper btw ;)

P.S. Why don't you RAOK the HOB filer in the SnS forum instead of trashing it?
IMO Throwing away something like that is truly a waste :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like all is going well so far. Very good pictures for a phone :D Nice little helper btw ;)

P.S. Why don't you RAOK the HOB filer in the SnS forum instead of trashing it?
IMO Throwing away something like that is truly a waste :(
Thank you I will RAOK. Good Idea!

One more Pic I found of the wood

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are your plants for light, CO2, Ferts, plants, and fish?

light: 48watts non-name brand lights that will be replaced with a 48" Coralife Aqualight Deluxe Series - Single Linear Strip with Two-65 watt 6,700L
CO2: None yet, but will be running a pressurized system with PH monitoring and timed
Ferts: None yet, I still have to learn about this subject
plants: Jave ferns on my driftwood, some of those bulbs that you get at wal-mart that my girlfriend got me that I can't kill, one sad looking Amazon Sword. I have difformis, x-mas moss and dwarf hairgrass on the way.
fish: None. I am aiming for Discus with a side of neons, shrimp, and some other random schooling fish that swim near the top.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great start! That is the most unique piece of drift wood I have ever seen. Am I the only one that sees the Effiel tower in it?

·
Registered
517 Posts
that's a crazy piece of driftwood! it's like a picasso take on the eiffel tower or something :) i like how you filled your tank! i'm gonna try that cause i suck at the plate method

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Looks good. Make sure the Co2 diffuser is on the outlet side of the canister.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hmm, if you're wanting really high light, and fast growth, i would get the 4x 65w coralife unit. A 55 is a tough tank to 'scape.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I'm liking your leaning tower of effile in there as well!

Did you the fluorite? I suuuure hope you did or it will be hell every time something moves!

55g is a hard demesion to scape. I've seen the best ones with lots of high plants like amazon swords and valis.

Welcome too!

-Andrew

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mickeyirish, Yzmxer99...I agree, if I turn it side-ways it looks like a bird.:icon_lol:

Storm_Rider
Thank you. I did not work all that well to be honest, still go REALLY cloudy.
mrbelvedere
I will, thank you!

dufus
Im gonna start here. I will probably end up getting that size, but we will see!!

Fish Newb
"Leaning Effiel tower":tongue: :hihi: :tongue:
Yes I am using fluorite, but every time I do a water change it gets cloudy!! Don't know what to do about that!:icon_surp :help:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
If you're gonna spend cash on lights, you could get the 4x to actually save you money if you are gonna go to them anyway. you can always turn 1/2 the lights off if you don't have co2 or something yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts