The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the long weekend to do some major work on my tank

After only being in the hobby for 4 months, it seems if I have really been taken for a ride. My original ideas of having pirate ships and skulls in my tank quickly faded FAST and I fell in love with iwagumi style scapes.

I instantly regretted the black pea gravel I bought with my starter kit. Actually I regretted getting a kit. The lights were replaced within a month. And replaced the heater this weekend.

Anyways. Here are some pictures from day 1 to today. Throught it might be neat to share the tanks transformation and my evolution in the hobby!

Fake plants! Never did go with skulls or ships haha

Okay real plants now. Can you spot the noob mistake?

MOAR plants!

This is where I blew a fuse. I knew I had bad substrate and the lava rock was painful for me to look at. Soo I gutted the whole thing.

I switched to eco complete because it was easy to get locally. I really wanted aqua soil but decided I would do it on a masterpiece tank in the future

Now I'm stepping into the high-tech realm. Just ordered my co2 system from GLA. All I need now is dry ferts.

Then I'll probably go with a canister filter... Inline heater...inline co2 reactor...

Jesus people! Nobody told me this hobby would be so expensive.

And to think. This all started because my GF wanted a Betta...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey again guys, i have my GLA co2 system coming in the mail today :)
I'm probably exhausting the same question but i haven't had a response that my simple mind can wrap around.

I'm thinking of getting another aquaticlife dual t5 fixture and link it for my 29 but am wondering if its going to be too much light to sit 4" on top of the tank?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Besides guns, my aquariums are my most expensive hobby. I've spent countless thousands of dollars on them, but I do get a lot of joy from them. I started out with two 30 gallon aquariums and have expanded to a 10 gallon, two 30 gallons, a 55 gallon, a 75 gallon and I just got a 180 gallon. Now that I am off work I am actually headed to petsmart to spend more money! Hoping to get some $1 ottos.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good Luck, its a money sink. I started a month ago, got into collecting buce. Now I have almost $400 in plants alone (almost cried when I added it all up). It all began because my kids wanted fish...still no fish other than 3 otos in the tank btw.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Good Luck, its a money sink. I started a month ago, got into collecting buce. Now I have almost $400 in plants alone (almost cried when I added it all up). It all began because my kids wanted fish...still no fish other than 3 otos in the tank btw.
ahahhahaha i had the same thing happen. started a couple months ago with a betta for my son... we're 6 tanks deep and like $800 in plants... :icon_sad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.