The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, obviously I am new here. Been keeping fish pretty much my whole life. Started fresh, went salt, then reef and am now pining for the days of my planted tanks. Have a 120g that I am thinking about using. Have tons of questions about ideas I have and all the new contraptions I see. Haven't had a freshwater tank in at least 10 years or so, I have a lot of catching up to do!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi all, obviously I am new here. Been keeping fish pretty much my whole life. Started fresh, went salt, then reef and am now pining for the days of my planted tanks. Have a 120g that I am thinking about using. Have tons of questions about ideas I have and all the new contraptions I see. Haven't had a freshwater tank in at least 10 years or so, I have a lot of catching up to do!!
I took a 10 year break until about 2 yrs ago it's a lot easier to get information now, you'll be amazed at how fast you learn stuff by reading forums or asking questions, I've even got my wife researching stuff :smile:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! I have already learned so much Crob! Was going to use Flourite as a substrate but I think I have changed my mind to MTS. Always wanted a dirt tank! I may cap it with Flourite though since I have about a billion pounds that I ordered...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome Howze! I had a planted tank years ago too. I got rid of mostly everything except my pressurized co2 setup. When I got a new 55g a couple years ago, I knew I wanted planted tank again. Good luck with your 120! I'd love to have one that big.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts