The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine moved provinces and it's incredibly hard to get simple plants, so I wanted to send some clippings of Moneywort to him. My moneywort is probably over 6 inches long because I've never trimmed them before, do, I just cut anywhere on the stem, for e.g the very middle of the stem, or do I cut from the bottom, and ship him the bottom part (about 6 inches), and then replant it, even though there is no root?

How would you ship them, do I just soak a paper towel, and wrap it, then put them in a ziploc bag? Or do I need to put them in a breather bag with water?

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
322 Posts
I have never shipped anything live before, so take with a grain of salt. When I order a plant it comes wrapped in paper towel in a sandwich bag, and that seems to work well. The other way, with the plant in a breather bag, I have only received healthy moss this way but I don't know if a stem plant would do as well. I have also been shipped a plant in a bag without paper towel, didn't do well at all.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never shipped anything live before, so take with a grain of salt. When I order a plant it comes wrapped in paper towel in a sandwich bag, and that seems to work well. The other way, with the plant in a breather bag, I have only received healthy moss this way but I don't know if a stem plant would do as well. I have also been shipped a plant in a bag without paper towel, didn't do well at all.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk
Thanks! That's what I'm worried about, whether or not a stem plant would do well in a paper towel, I would think so, especially since Moneywort can grow out of water I believe, so I would hope so though I'm not really sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.