The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I think OEBT's will throw out a orange eyed blonde tiger every once in a while, but for the most part breed true. Yellows, as far as I know breed fully true. You may end up like with cherries, a tank with hundreds of them for 10 generations will throw out a weird color every now and again, but you should get all yellows.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Depending on where you get your OEBTs from, you will either get a lot of blondes, or some blondes in the offspring. OEBTs don't breed true at all. You get a nice spectrum of colors though.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My OEBT throw out about 25% blondes and maybe 25% light blues, the rest are dark blue. The blondes themselves aren't exactly what I call ugly and if breed give a pretty similar ratio (maybe a bit more blondes) so it is probably not a requirement to cull them. Depends what your goals are.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My OEBT throw out about 25% blondes and maybe 25% light blues, the rest are dark blue. The blondes themselves aren't exactly what I call ugly and if breed give a pretty similar ratio (maybe a bit more blondes) so it is probably not a requirement to cull them. Depends what your goals are.
Since I am a true noob with OEBTs (I am waiting for my 1st mom from the brood I recently got from DK), I have been watching my little colony mature. DK sent me a great spectrum of colors from blondes to dark blue (almost black), so I am getting to see the gamut of colors in this breed.

While the purists want the bluest of blues, I have an affinity for the blondes. I have one that looks like your basic tiger, but it has those eerie, almost glowing, gold/yellow eyes that are just amazing to behold. This is especially true as it likes to sit in a darkened "cave" area and peer out at the front of the tank.

I have another that came as a fry (I don't know if it "snuck-in" to the shipment or DK sent it as a +1, since I never counted them.) that is only about 1/4" now. It is already showing a lot of color to be so young, but the colors are a pinkish orange carapace with dark red stripes on the pleon. I can't wait for it to mature.

If anyone reading this has blondes they want to cull, let me know as I would like to buy some more for a little breeding experiment...

This is the little blonde I was talking about. Those "stalks" are parvula and the "big" plant is a pygmy chain sword...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.