The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some red rili yesterday, and I dripped them at two drops per scond until the container was 9/10 tank water. That night, I thought they were all doing well, but this afternoon, I found a dead one on top of the prefilter.:( One of the living ones is acting strangely now. It keeps swimming upwards, and kinda drifts backwards and lands upside down sometimes, get's back up, doesn't move much, and repeats it. It's not exactly whitish, but ti's translucent. How translucent should red rilis be? The other two bigger ones (not big, but have clear markings) seem to be doing fine, as well as all of the juvies. Advice please?

·
Banned
943 Posts
I cant answer the question of how translucent they should be, but from what you are describing about the one shrimp it sounds like its going to die soon. From what ive read that sorta behavior means there is something terribly wrong with your water perameters or something else in the water thats bad.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think it may be possible that it just didn't acclimate well? The CRS, all the baby CRS, and the RCS (yes I will move them soon) are doing fine. Besides that one rili, all the others are seeming more healthy than my CRS and RCS.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Do you think it may be possible that it just didn't acclimate well? The CRS, all the baby CRS, and the RCS (yes I will move them soon) are doing fine. Besides that one rili, all the others are seeming more healthy than my CRS and RCS.
doesn't it seem that you should test your parameters? If your existing residents are not as lively as the new shrimps, common sense tells me that is because they've been exposed to something in your water for a longer period?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Could be. Some just don't seem to like to transport. Ones from my LFS, I've bought probably 6 or 7 different batches and I usually always loose one who doesn't handle the change well by the next day.

Ones I got from a local breeder, lost 2 by the next day. Other 20 I got were fine.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Yeah I really have no idea. Just saying what ive read before about that kinda behavior. I guess its possible if all your other shrimp are fine. Shrimp are harder to figure out then woman sometimes.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol. Very true GPD.

Let's just hope this rili makes it, and if not, hopefully all the others will be fine. They sure seem happy. They have colored up A LOT more than yesterday when I got them. Now they're actually showing rili patterning, rather than clearish white when I got them yesterday.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, thanks. I will also try biochemzorb. And that rili which was acting weird did died soon. :icon_frow

Btw, I really appreciated the generous amount of shrimp Nikki. I would be pretty shrimp short if you had not been so generous with them. The biggest one has real nice patterning and color to it.:icon_smil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.