The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have this ten gallon its going all good, but where is yellow water ,making less light go through, my riccia is pearling good but not clear enough i always change water with a waterbottle but now i got giantduckweed, and i dont wanna destroy it, they look so nice and i got no money for a python and its heavy planted sorta any suggestions

anyways i think my riccia is rigged i try the jello co2 and it was a blast the riccia pearled alot, i closed the light at 8:00 pm and its 12:00 and its still pearling for some reason well there is still bubbles

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Hose made of vinyl.

Go to hardware store. Make sure it's a hardware store. If it's Wal-Mart, the employees will probably look at you with a blank stare. They have it at Wal-Mart, but at least a hardware store will know what you are talking about.

Ask 10 feet of 1/2 vinyl hose. It shoudn't be more than $7-8.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I concur. The old hose and bucket. For a 10g, it's a breeze. I do this method on my 55g, by choice! LOL But to fill my tank back up I use a powerhead to pump the water back into the tank from my clean water bucket.

Use a 1/2" to 5/8" tubing. Place one end in the tank and the other into the bucket. Suck on the end going to the bucket and water will flow. Easy, simple. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I concur. The old hose and bucket. For a 10g, it's a breeze. I do this method on my 55g, by choice! LOL But to fill my tank back up I use a powerhead to pump the water back into the tank from my clean water bucket.

Use a 1/2" to 5/8" tubing. Place one end in the tank and the other into the bucket. Suck on the end going to the bucket and water will flow. Easy, simple. :)
After getting a faceful of tank water for being too slow, I decided it's probably a better option to just fill up the hose with water in a sink first, holding onto the ends until you get one end submerged :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Chrona: LOL!!! That hasn't happened to me. I use a looong hose. LOL It gives me plenty of time. But hey, I like your idea!! I'll have to try that for sure!

·
Registered
140 Posts
i use vinyl tubing attached to the sink faucet (via an adapter). one end is attached to the faucet, the other end goes in the tank. secure the hose, turn on the faucet and wait. when the tank is close to being full, make your way to the faucet and turn it off.

and it works whether your tank is next to a bucket or not.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Use Prime; it seems expensive, but it's really very economical, because you use so little at a time. Just dose whatever size tank you have, total water volume. It calls for 2tsp/100gal, so I just put in a little over 1tsp for my 55gal and then add the water. So every water change, it's the same amount of Prime, no matter how much water I'm adding. Easy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What ever happened to the siphon hoses they used to sell with the squeezable bulb? Just put one end in the tank and finger over the other end. Squeeze the bulb and siphon starts. Anyone else remember those?
Gene

·
Registered
845 Posts
I had one from several years ago, but they are so hard to find now. They just those self-start ones where you move the gravel end up and down to start it. Or pythons, which I don't like using. I did find one with the squeeze bulb at Petsmart, but they wanted $8+ for it!! No thanks! I know on eBay that an overseas dealer sells one at a cheap price. I may pick one up, I really miss using one. Talk about EASY! :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
a mini gravel cleaner works great, and you can clean your gravel as well. they're only few bucks at walmart or petwhatever.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts