The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new driftwood was chosen boiled in water for 3.5-4 hrs with coarse salt. Then soaked in a bucket with water for 8 days to remove excess tanins. The water in the bucket was changed daily.
Wirror Moss was chosen for this particular driftwood.

I used scissors, tweezers, fishing thread, stainless steel mesh, a good quality fishnet stockings were kept overnight in water to check that it doesn't release color, luckily it didn't. The fishnet was cut into portions taking into account the stainless steel mesh size.

The moss was placed in such a way that it wil give a fluffy appearance.

The full driftwood was covered with moss.

All the driftwood it totally covered and the moss was tied to the driftwood with the fisihing line.

I used the fishnet stocking (elastic) to hold moss like Pellia in place on stones and stainless steel coz its difficult to tie with fishing line and keep it in place.

Placed the pellia moss on the stainless steel mesh covered with the fishnet stocking hold it in place and tighten around the edge with stocking, turned it on the otherside and tied the loose ends with a fishing line.

Same with river stones which were carefully chosen, checked that they're suitable to be used in an aquarium. Later on kept in water for 8 days, washed several times before use. The moss is carefully spread on the flat stone fishing net is placed the ends held carefully together, the stone is turned on the other side with the moss and tied with a fisihng line.

Same with stainless steel mesh and this is the final result.

The final result in an aquarium.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thnx for the +ve response. No the steel mesh doesn't change PH.
I'm using it for quite a while now (more than a year).
Attached is a link to another aquarium with fire and sakura shrimps.
I've used the steel mesh many times with different shrimps everything's fine.

I keep CRS grade A-SS , snow white, black crystal shrimp, yellow, red, sakura, fire, red rili, indian green shrimps
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198156&highlight=

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks. I thought that might be a shrimp set up which is why I asked because going to try this to attach moss to some driftwood, same method you used and wanted to check about PH as I plan on getting shrimp but not sure what type yet.

I noticed in your pics you have lots of shrimp, would have thought they would have snacked on your other plants.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1155...29/5814064536762477378?authkey=CK6n15WFh9DaDw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts