The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mom told me that we're painting our room that my tank is in, and I have to move the whole setup forward about a foot so the painters can paint the wall behind the tank. I know I'll also have to deal with the paint fumes potentially reaching into the tank, but right now I'm more concerned with how to move the tank forward.

By the way, it's a 10 gallon tank standing on a 30" x 30" table.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
There are probably better answere, but the only thing I can think of would be a couple strong guys and a low tank water level.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Drain it most of the way, cover it with saran wrap to keep in the humidity (if the move will be more than a few hours), get a spray bottle to make sure the plants stay moist, and then get a few people to help you move the table with the tank on it.

That's what I do when I move my own tanks to different rooms, anyways.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Drain 1/2 of the water into a clean drywall (or other large) bucket. Move the tank and put the water back in. I've done it that way many times.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Drain it most of the way, cover it with saran wrap to keep in the humidity (if the move will be more than a few hours), get a spray bottle to make sure the plants stay moist, and then get a few people to help you move the table with the tank on it.

That's what I do when I move my own tanks to different rooms, anyways.

Piece of cake.

You can put the fish in a bucket if you need to, but if you're just going to move it forward and then refill it, they'll be fine chilling out in just a few inches of water for a few minutes.

I moved a 75g fully planted across town once. Drained it down to the substrate and then moved it with a couple of people. Apparently I accidentally left a dwarf chain loach in the brush. Didn't realize until I saw him swimming around after the refill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.