The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi shrimp experts,

I bought 5 Crystal Red shrimps Grade A about 2 weeks ago and they seem to enjoy in my new tank. However I can not see the different between male and female. Does anyone can explain and show me the difference. (It seems like I only have males or only females...) and usually how long they will breed?

My water parameter:
PH: 6.6, GH: 4, KH: 2, Nitrite: 0, Amonia: 0, Nitrate: 0

·
Banned
943 Posts
Oh man where is that awsome drawing at when you need it lol. But basically (and im still trying to learn this) females have a curved underside. Whereas male have concaved undersides.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Crystals are harder to tell but not impossible. With all my neo's I can tell by color, size and saddle, but with the crystals its harder.

As for how long it take, it could take a few weeks, they could do it right away, they might wait months. All depends on how much they like your water, etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
females = big and males = smaller. Adults are obvious.

Well I think they are now all adults and keeping changing their shell again. But I still not make the difference. They are that hard.

Malbe I need to add more like 3 or 6 others cause 5 is not enough.
I forgot to mention the temperature of my tank is 73F (23C)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.