The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
It is possible to evaluate lighting by the spectrum it puts out and how intense it is. Many manufacturers post this information on the net. I would also tend to avoid lighting built for reef systems, unless you can adjust the spectrum. You could also invest in a meter to measure this but that is expensive.

You can also tell us what you are looking at or already have, and see what others think.

If you already have something, the easy way is put it on the tank and see if it's better or worse than what your were using. I'm kind of lazy, so I tend to use this method. If you have been in the hobby any length of time, you get a feel for how plants should grow, so you know quickly if it's working.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
How big a tank are you planning to run these on?

I have not personally used this lights, but I do know Marineland doesn't have much of a reputation for LED lighting. Note too that the LEDs used in your fixture seem to be white and blue. This often means it's lacking in color spectrum.

Even so I;d give them a try and see how you make out. If they don't work out you haven't lost anything. If they do work out, you will have saved some money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.