The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve just bought a beautiful Aqua oak 95 gallon aquarium and it came with an led light, how can I tell by looking at it whether or not it will be strong enough for growing plants? It’s full spectrum but there’s nothing printed on it to tell me the strength of the lights, just has GAKO stamped into the casing so I’m guessing it’s a Chinese lamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
I’ve just bought a beautiful Aqua oak 95 gallon aquarium and it came with an led light, how can I tell by looking at it whether or not it will be strong enough for growing plants?
Kind of depends upon what plants you have in mind and whether it is going to be a high-tech tank with high fert's and CO2 etc, or a low-tech tank with less demanding plants.

·
Registered
126 Posts
https://m.alibaba.com/product/60756620153/GAKO-RGB-LED-Aquarium-Light-Dimmable.html

35w and rgbw diodes assuming 48" fixture.
Not really great for a 95gal tank

32w..spectrums fine w rgbw diodes

It’s not that one, it doesn’t have a remote control just an inline switch with off, just blue or full colour. Judging by the price of that one though I’m guessing this one is prob cheap too so not likely to be good enough

Kind of depends upon what plants you have in mind and whether it is going to be a high-tech tank with high fert's and CO2 etc, or a low-tech tank with less demanding plants.

I’m not sure yet but since I use co2 and ferts on my current tank will likely go that way with this one too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.