The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you suspend a light above a tank?
I have a T5HO light I need to elevate that already has the suspension cables and attachments to the fixture. I'm not certain how to mount it to the ceiling since that end is just a plain cable end.

I'd prefer to have the cables adjustable so I can try different heights. That's the wrinkle that is causing me problems...

·
Banned
934 Posts
Not positive how you go about making it adjustable. But they sell these awesome ceiling hooks at the hardware store that you drill a hole slide the toggle through and then pull on the two ends of what looks like a zip tie and it tightens to the ceiling. They are super easy to use and make an easy and reliable ceiling mounting point.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
How do you suspend a light above a tank?
I have a T5HO light I need to elevate that already has the suspension cables and attachments to the fixture. I'm not certain how to mount it to the ceiling since that end is just a plain cable end.

I'd prefer to have the cables adjustable so I can try different heights. That's the wrinkle that is causing me problems...
Go to lowes or home depot, there are kits and pieces you can put together to connect to the cables. I am guessing you have the Zoomed fixture? I no longer have the SKU's or UPC's. but they do sell the stuff you need, and ceiling hooks to suspend the light.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the information! I'll make a trip to the hardware store. Worst-case, I can use some s-hooks and chain at the top for height adjustment. Higher Thinking, that's a nice design, but I won't be able to sell my wife on that for our living room! The suspension cables have a lower visual footprint - but I may use that idea for my 55 gallon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.