The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut planted some glosso and the little bastards are already trying to uproot it!!!! Is there anyway to stop this? Once the plant grows in they will be ok, but they are freshly planted so they have nothing to hold onto. I have a feeling in a week or so eveyrthing i planted will be uprooted. Happened with my HC :(

BTW, they are Clown Loaches and Queen Loaches

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
I feel ya. I have 5 b. histrionica, not as bad as yours though. My hairgrass aren't doing so well. There's nothing you can do. It's their natural instinct.

Try other foreground plants with deep roots. I just planted c. parva and they're not getting uprooted.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I have 3 A. choirorhynchos that came with the setup when I bought it. Those things are crazy. If I plant 10 foreground plants they have 9 floating at the top the next day.

I've read they are prone to jump out of the tank. How can I train them to do that. lol

SteveU

·
Registered
336 Posts
Move them to another tank until the plants get rooted.

If you don't have one, a 5-10 makes a wonderful "hospital" tank if needed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like creating a giant dome of plastic mesh around the plants. Somehow... they will get inside

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think Alec is on the right track here. If you were to use some kind of a mesh basket (like a strawberry basket, or some kind of strainer) just until the glosso roots in. With a large Crypt it would be more difficult but with something like glosso it could work if you can find the right container.

Reef tanks do this all the time when spot feeding certain corals, it is just a matter of time to find the right container.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts