The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used tank & the owner was told to use vaseline to hold the backdrop picture onto the glass. So what cleaner removes it without just smearing it?
Thansk,
Scot

·
Registered
806 Posts
There are many ways to get it done, but I would personally scrape it off with a razor blade or putty knife ( depending on how thick it was) and then use some soapy water to finish washing off the residue... using Dawn dish washing detergent.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
There are many ways to get it done, but I would personally scrape it off with a razor blade or putty knife ( depending on how thick it was) and then use some soapy water to finish washing off the residue... using Dawn dish washing detergent.

I'd add to that to wipe it down good with a paper towel between the razor blade and soapy hot water step. Less of a mess.

I don't know how well the Vaseline worked, but I used to use cooking spray for the same purpose, but not anymore. Nothing beats paint for a background.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.