The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2213 running with a glass violet lily pipe and a glass intake by doaqua. The problem is I'm not able to get the eheim green hosing off to perform regular maintenance. I'm afraid of breaking the glass because the hoses are so firmly stuck on. Another guy I know locally who also uses them, suggested pushing the hose up the pipe a bit, and then pulling off, but I've had no luck with that either. Anyone else have any experience with removing these hoses safely???
:icon_sad:

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Thanks, that worked well. Now to clean the hard to reach crevices, can I soak the pipes in a bleach and water solution?
Yes, just make sure that you soak in a solution with 2x the recommended dosage of dechlorinator to make sure all the bleach is gone.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I can't do it without breaking it so every time I remove my lily pipes I use a razor and cut 1/4-1/2" slit. Hose is cheaper to replace than lily pipes I've been doing this once a month for a year and I probably still have a years worth of Jose left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.