The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I think it works its way under/behind/in the silicone sometimes and there isn't a whole lot you can do. I wonder if there is a way to block the light along the silicone so the algae dies and maybe goes away?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've had decent success in the past with the original magic eraser that you have tried already. Just lots of gentle rubbing and patients worked great for me. Of course, I had different algae.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've left it there; scrub too hard and silicone starts coming off with the algae so I don't want to take chances. I actually have one tank with black silicone, and while not to everyone's liking, I think it's kinda sharp.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've left it there; scrub too hard and silicone starts coming off with the algae so I don't want to take chances. I actually have one tank with black silicone, and while not to everyone's liking, I think it's kinda sharp.
I actually think the black silicone looks nice and clean too. I saw a tank one time that almost looked like the glass had a tint also.. but it was clear.. weird.. with black silicone..

Ill def try the excell thing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts