The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am hoping you experts :) can aid me in what plants i should use for my tank. I know it is purely subjective, however, because i am new to planting, it really helps to know whats 'out' there and what looks nice.

I have a 38G tank, soon to be Hagen T5HO 2x39W 5500K and 6700K, regular gravel, soon to be DIY CO2, 78F.

Tank now:

I dont know if i like the large plant in the back right. I bought it without realizing how tall it actually was! I really like that HC plant that gives the mossy look in the front, however, i read that it requires a pretty high tech setup?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
308 Posts
The white striped one in the left back definitely is not aquatic. HC generally does like high light and C02.
Also, make sure the anubias rhizome is not buried because this may lead to the rhizome to rot!
Nice driftwood..maybe tying some moss onto it will make it look nicer :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do i go about doing that?
Also, the anubias is the front left plant?
And you are saying the back left plant isnt meant for aquariums? Should i remove it?

Also, im looking to replace the plant in the back right (the BIG one). I want a type of layered thick jungle-type scene. Whats the selection of plants for that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts