The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm currently rescaping my tank and intend to include a bunch of L. aromatica. As this plant grows rather wide, aquaticplantcentral plantfinder recommends planting each stem individually, making sure no stem shades the other. However, the standard wisdom is to plant 3-4 stems together in 1 bunch. Which should I be doing for the above plant?

·
Registered
203 Posts
You definitely want to place them individually and not in groups.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I can tell you that I had just recently done it both ways. When I first got two bunches, I planted them as bunches, nearby to one another. They grew very well, full and colorful at the side of my 58-gallon planted tank. It was a beautiful display. When I had to do something about their size, I cut off the tops (about 5-6 inches each,) removed the leaves at the bottoms (about one-inch) and put them into the substrate separately, about 1 to 1.5 inches apart.) With that planting, they grew equally well.

Only now, after my CO2 canister ran to empty for two days, is the L. aromatica in my tank looking stunted and needs some real sprucing up. So, I'd say that so long as you give them what they need in terms of lighting, CO2 and ferts, they'll do well no matter which method of planting you use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts