The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, curious about the details to how you mix and add Salty Shrimp GH+

When mixing in a separate container, do you let it sit overnight before adding into your tank? Or do you instantly add it in?

When adding to your tank, do you use the drip method? Or just include it with a water change and pour it at once?
I guess it depends if there is a major delta with the TDS and GH?

I hear some people would actually top off evaporated water with this mix. Would that be safe for a nano tank with a smaller water column?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I mix mine in a 5 gallon bucket with a power head. Let it sit all day or over night. I siphon It to my 10 gallon with air line tubing. Mainly because If I pour it disturbeds the substrate.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
It can be added in directly after mixing

Adding to the tank depends entirely on the colony. MOST colonies can handle it being dumped right in but some colonies may be too sensitive and require it to be dripped in. Using SS with RO/distilled water would BE for water changes.

You should only use RO/distilled water for evaporated water. Minerals don't evaporate, only water. If you add remineralized water to the tank, then you are increasing GH, KH and TDS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.