The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:flick: i recently put some java moss, in my tank. How long until it grows ( i only put a small piece ,golf ball size)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
it grows as soon as you put it in your tank =D

with some good lights and ferts and c02 it will probably be a baseball sized in month maybe

n Welcome to PTF

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, and yea its great to be part of PTF, my friend introduced me to it, mr.sandman. I also bought this liquid fertilizor for my aquatic plants, do they actually work, or is it another way to just spend money on useless items?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YEa i did that. I spread on some rocks, and other structures in my tank

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many times and when shoul di add fertilizer to my tank??? Is it bad to add it everyday?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have this liquid fertilizer, it just says to put 5 ml of it into the tank

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have this liquid fertilizer, it just says to put 5 ml of it into the tank
What brand/type?

If it is a liquid you got at a store, it is most likely a comprehensive trace mix.

That's fine for really low light setups where most of the macronutrients come from fish waste. However, to really get a lot of growth you will probably need to add NPK as well.

Here's a guide that will answer a lot of your fertilizer and other questions: www.rexgrigg.com

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ditto on reading that guide. I was a total newb to planted tanks and learned a lot by reading Rex's guide. He even sells dry fertilizers should you want to order them.

The second piece of advice I'd give you is to read old posts on this forum. Pick a subforum (Lighting, General Planted Tank Info, etc.) and just read, read, read. You'll learn even more! I did that and hardly had to ask any questions myself ~ I had most of them answered already just from reading. And I didn't have to wait for responses ~ handy!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys, i know it been awhile since i've posted this, and i just wanted to say, my java is...BALLIN!!!!!!!!!!!! its great its much larger now, and i've attached it to several other rocks.....this is definatly a great plant =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts