The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last year I've been exploring creating different sizes and shapes of glass fish bowls. I'm now getting to the point of being able to make over 5 gallon glass bowls.

The entire process drew interest from some people so I decided to make a video to show everyone how exactly I make these glass fish bowls. This process is more for a taller, rather than wider fish bowl, but you'll still get the idea.

This is just a demonstration to show you how I make these pieces. Let me know what you all think and I'm always open to questions and comments.

Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB8T-kMwQXE

Over the next few months I plan on taking these fish bowls to a new level. i want to make them bigger and more refined in shape. The idea is to create an ideal optical shape that allows you to see the fish inside with the least amount of distortion. That's challenging to do with a hand blown fish bowl.

The larger I go, the harder it becomes. The weight and heat combined make it challenging to work on the larger scaled pieces. As time goes on, I'll be able to make these larger pieces with more precision.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice video. Shame that particular bowl didn't work out, but the others you have look nice. Definitely something to watch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts