The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i just got my Milwaukee SMS122, test the calibration solution. it got reading of PH7.0, then i put it into my fish tank, it said PH 8.1, but what do i need to do make the water to lower PH. right now i don't have co2 put into yet. but i will put co2 by tommorow? or will most plant will grow on PH8.0 water?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
When you start injecting the CO2 into the tank, the pH will start to drop. You can certainly get some plants to grow with no CO2 and a pH of 8, but not likely a lot of them. But, now that you have the controller, why would you not want to start injecting CO2?

Oh, and what's so special about a pH of 7.0? I know when I started my first tank, I was pretty obsessed with hitting a pH of 7.0. But, there's not really a good reason, IMO, for doing this. What's your reason for choosing 7.0?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, i didn't know if put co2 into the tank that will get the PH go down. the reason i didn't start injecting co2 is because i am not sure what i can do for the reactor i had, is (Aqua Medi 500). and i have Ma957 regulator.
and a XP3 Filter. but now i not sure how i am going to get it working. xp3 filter and aqua medic 500, just don't work very well togetter. i think xp3 is to powerful for the reactor. so i am not sure should i just let the co2 suck dir into the xp3 filter then come back out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts