The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to put some sand in my established 10g tank...specifically at the left area divided by the wood (see pic below).

But not really sure how to put the sand in. Do i just put it in, or is any kind of barrier necessary? I will just be putting moss on rocks on the sand later.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm abit confused but... Are you planning to add sand on TOP of the aquasoil? Since you will just be putting rocks covered with moss on the sand, I see this as a waste of aquasoil; if you will put sand on TOP that is.

I would do something like this instead:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PinoyBoy, yes, I am planning to put it on top of the soil.. perhaps it's not such a good idea? I see your picture makes more sense. But i hate rescaping the soil.. makes a lot of mess in there.. hmm.. i need to rethink about this.

becks17, Hm.. that's true too... I don't want the sand get mixed with the sand over time. that will suck bigtime.

Ok, I think I'll just rescape the soil (push everything to the right side of the wood).. and use the wood as a "partition"...

·
Registered
496 Posts
sink a barrier into the aqua soil then syphon out the aqua soil with a hose into bucket
then fill with sand
this way you dont create a cloudy mess
wash sand very well till water clear then but in jar with water
lower the jar and pour into place

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.