The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using an extremely rigged hanging method for this light fixture, and I was wondering if anyone else had come up with a more practical way to hang it. As far as I know it has no manufacturer hanging brackets, only an extendable bracket to place directly on top of the tank (bad since I need it about a foot above the aquarium). I'm perfectly fine with doing a bit of DIY work on it (drilling, etc) to make it more stable/adjustable when hanging. Help? :(

Light fixture in question.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I think the cleanest look would be to find a 4 point hanging kit from another light fixture and modify your light.

Or small eye bolts at the 4 corners & small diameter braided steel cable.

OR use 4 steel swivels http://www.p-wholesale.com/cn-pro/19/749to1/stainless-steel-swivel-677350.html
Remove the current brackets. Run the bracket rod through the hole in the swivel (two on each end, in the corners) Reinstall the bracket into the fixture. Now you have 4 mounting points, one each corner. No drilling is needed.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I hung the same fixture. I just got eyelets that actually threaded into the existing holes for the sliding brackets. Then made a 4 point harness with thin braided cable. All the stuff came from Home Depot and total cost was under $20...

These are the eyelets but the ones I used were just smaller...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.