The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I get some pictures of how people hang their lights? Specifically I'm looking for the two pieces of conduit bent at a curved 90 degrees over the tank with the thin cable cord holding the light up. I want to see what kinds of hardware/fittings I need, and how you make it adjustable up and down.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hung mine from the ceiling by the pendants that they sell specifically for hanging lights. I think I spent about $10 or so. I think it's a very clean look and I like it (of course, that's over a 210 gallon tank, so if it's smaller, I'd use the bent pipe idea.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are nice, but not quite what I wanted. I've seen some around here that are hung with that thin metal cable, possibly coated in plastic, rather than chain, and they have a loop at the top that loops over the conduit, and a loop or some kind of special fitting to attach it to the fixture, and they are able to slide the light up and down for maintenance.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would probably work, I'll have to check and see what Home Depot has for kits

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A Suggestion

I hope to work on mine this weekend. It consists of a smaller diameter tube within larger diameter tube that is zip tied to table leg or tube inserted into an old speaker stand. Home Depot might have the railings in closet section, chains and wire were in fluorescent section near the long length fluorescents.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.