The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i promote growth on a dwarf sag, do i need to cut the leaves in half or there is other procedure, any input will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Hmmm, not necessarily a real expert with dwarf sag. The one time I had them, I just put them into the substrate and waiting. If I recall, they did take a couple weeks to settle in, but once they did, I couldn't keep them from propogating. Actually, they eventually became not-so-dwarf (like some plants approaching the 8+ inch range), so they had to go.

Stay the course would be my suggestion,
Brian.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Plant Sag. Turn on lights. Add CO2 and ferts and wait. One pot in my 55 gallon tank in the past couple of years have managed to yield around 10 gallons of dwarf sag.

Also I have found that high lighting keeps it shorter. Most of my plants are under 2".

·
Registered
365 Posts
Keep the root crown slightly above the substrate, like Vallis.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so when the leaves become long, do i need to cut the leaves in half or remove the whole leaves, cause ofcourse i just want them to make a carpet thing

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey bigstick, nice tank you have there may i know the plants you have and do you have the update photo of your tank, im a big fan of your journal :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts