The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 25 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, the only thing is though, I live outside of the continental US so the amazon shipment if they do even ship here will be much longer and much more expensive.

This morning i check with the local pet stores and they dont carry anything besides the suspended version, so I made a call to the supplier. They also only get it in the suspension form and bottle it here, so no luck getting the powdered kind.

Given this, I've devised a strategy. I'm going to move most of the shrimp to a spare tank and then use the dewormer I bought called "Fenben 10" but at half the recommended dosage, as detailed in one of the links that was shared earlier on the page.

Thanks for the help thus far and I'll update with the results. Unless of course someone tells me that the suspending agent most likely used will be harmful to the flora or fauna in this tank.

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
So if i have 10%, then I would need to use about 5 ml to get about a half dose to start with, since one gram equates to one milliliter.

If 1 g = 222 mg, and I have a 10% solution equating to 22.2 mg per milliliter, and since I want to use a half dose initially then I want 111 mg, then 0.5 ml.

I hope my math is correct.

I think I'm gonna pull out at least 4-6 adults of breeding age and transfer them to another tank that will house CPDs and Ember tetras. If this chemical method backfires, I'll start another colony.

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey ppl, I was just talking to my wife about some of my posts on here and I saw this one and realized that I never updated you guys on this experiment.

The Panacur worked. It worked really well too. No issues with the shrimp and all the planaria died. I dosed it at half the recommended strength, I think and it took a few days but all the pests died off. So it seems that the suspension agent in the Panacur wasn't an issue.

1 - 7 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.