The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips to get a job at a fish store? Ive been trying to land a job in a fish store since i was 16, im 19 now and they always decline me saying im too young for the job. I know alot of information about fish species and plants because im on these aquarium sites 24/7. Do they not want a non-experienced kid or what? Anyoen have any pointers to increase my chances of landing a job in a fish store

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Hi UncleChin,

My first job was in a local pet shop at the age of 15. I got to know the owner and his wife. Eventually they let me do odd jobs like tank cleaning, and cleaning up and feeding the other pets. Eventually they let me wait on the customers, then ordering products including fish, plants, and dry goods. My next job was at a aquarium fish and product wholesaler / retailer. Then I went to college and got a degree in business.

Here is one 'pointer'. Do you know the names of the department manager and the store manager where you would like to work? Do they know you by name? If you see another customer in the store looking confused do you offer your advice? These are the type of things that will get you noticed and remembered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.