The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i haven't been around much lately but i believe one of the more active members here was a postal service employee.
That's why i thought i'd ask about some input concerning the problems we have with our "mailman" (actually a woman).
We live on a "cul de sac" style street and all the mailboxes for ~20 houses are in one location at the end of the street.
The mail lady has repeatedly refused to deliver mail because there was supposably too much snow behind the mailboxes. While i agree that last winter there've been a few cases where roughly 3-4" accumulated behind there overnight before someone could shovel most residents have tried to keep the area behind the mailboxes as snowfree as possible.
However - she still uses that excuse.
Yesterday was a prime example. While i generally work 6am - 5.30pm i had yesterday off and went out in the morning to clear out the snow. By 2 we still didn't have any mail so my wife went to the post office and complained. Of couse we were told that she said "there was too much snow" to deliver mail. BS !!!
This by itself wouldn't really get me/ us that upset but we had other people's mail in our mailbox, our mail lost (or neighbours brought it over) and in the summertime she does the same thing - sometimes she just doesn't show up.
When over 20 household don't receive a single piece of mail in a day it's pretty obvious she just didn't want to deliver it that day.
Additionally she sometimes just throws packages on our porch (who cares if it rains or they get stolen) etc.

We have tried to complain to the local postmaster - but he just blows us off. But we didn't expect anything else as we (and others) had to repeatedly complain about mail being stuffed in the wrong P.O.-Boxes right at the post office - and he never gave a hoot. I guess that is the type of operation he runs.

Without wanting to make this any longer. Who do i complain to ?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Someone in your neighborhood could video tape her too. Document it all if possible. We here have local news reporters that love these kinds of stories. Troubleshooters....they do wonders. :)

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
Sounds like what happened to me a week ago. Our mail box is on the street with 2 other house mailbox's. I went 5 days wondering why I did not get any mail. So my wife called and asked what was going on since we live in a small town of 150 never know what it could be. Well comes to find out we did not get mail because front of the boxes was not cleaned good enough no one told me I needed to clean in front of the mailbox's. Oh this pissed me off the mailman uses a Dodge truck to deliver the mail and I could check the mail in my car. So was he afraid of getting stuck? Well I could not complain to the post master because there is only 2 employees that work at the local post office. The carrier and post master/clerk.

·
Registered
381 Posts
One of our neighbors is a mail carrier...she is trying to get "our" route...Our current postal carrier gets to work to pick up the mail when she feels like coming in! We get our mail (if we get it) anywhere between 12 noon and 8:00 pm...sucks if we are waiting on a paycheck!...or Income Tax return...we do Direct Deposit now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the hour your paycheck comes matters to you, you have failed at life.
If you create a n00b ID on the planted tank to make that asinine comment, you have failed.

To the OP: just go up the line of command with reporting it. Eventually someone will address the issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.