The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
There are many ways... Most of us don't "vacuum" our tanks. So removing water slowly won't suck up any shrimp. You could add a sponge prefilter on the tip of whatever you use to siphon out water. For canister filters, you can tap into the outlet, add a ball valve via "T".

Knowing what size tank, what filter, etc would help to help.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
For shrimp tanks, which are usually pretty simple in the most part anyways, I just use a bucket and some hosing and syphon it out from the water column (not down on the substrate or anything) and keep a thumb over the output end so I can stop/slow water flow incase anything gets too close.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
For shrimp tanks, which are usually pretty simple in the most part anyways, I just use a bucket and some hosing and syphon it out from the water column (not down on the substrate or anything) and keep a thumb over the output end so I can stop/slow water flow incase anything gets too close.
This is what I do also. I use a Python for my other tanks but it's too hard to control. As far as I know, I've never lost any shrimp using a length of tubing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.