The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to post this in the nano section with no luck. maybe someone here can help me.

I have an hair algae problem in my 3 gallon tank.

I can't use any treatments because I have RCS in it (only have 6 left, I killed a few with bug spray, it's a long story) and one otto. I also have a huge outbreak of pond snails (i think they are pond snails, they have a black and gold shell and are multiplying daily)

I was hoping the combination of these creatures would clear out the hair algae but it isn't.

I am going to buy a scraper and take out as much as I can but my microsword and anacharis are covered in it.

I have CO2 in the tank but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

Also, do any of you have suggestions on how to vacuum out a 3 gallon tank. it seems that when i just get the vacuum going all of the water is gone and i have to stop. How do you clear out dead plant material?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Use air line tubing as your siphon. And you could catch your little homies, throw em in a bucket with an airstone, and dip your plants in a h202 solution, scrub your tank down and fill her up let it run for a day then put the fish/shrimp back in. Its 3 gallons. I break down my 2.5 on a whim just about whenever I feel like. You can salt dip your tank and plants as well to beat down those snails. Also, Amano shrimp seem to keep algae down in small tanks really well. And a higher current will keep that hair algae down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts