The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50mm Atomic diffuser and am curious the best way to clean it. Atomic recommends their "Atomic Acidity Agent". Is this necessary? Is there a less expensive cleaner? Will hydrogen peroxide work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I used the GLA version for over 2yrs using bleach to clean about every 2-3 months before moving to a reactor. If it does anything to them it didn't seem to affect their performance.

·
Registered
706 Posts
use bleach on mine as well. i have them on at least 6 tanks. i use a pretty strong solution and just dip for about 5 mins. that disolves almost all the algae and muck, dont scrub it at all.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
what solution of bleach : water do you use?
how long does it soak?
how do you rinse it?

I was thinking of ordering 2 so that when 1 is being cleaned, I can run the 2nd.
I use straight bleach (Javex, Clorox, No name brand, etc). It is standard 2.5% sodium hypochlorite.

I soak for about 10-15 minutes.

This is followed by rinsing it under tap water for a bit, then soaking it in some water for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse again. Soak again in water, with 2x the recommended amount of dechlorinator.

·
Registered
608 Posts
what solution of bleach : water do you use?
how long does it soak?
how do you rinse it?

I was thinking of ordering 2 so that when 1 is being cleaned, I can run the 2nd.
I just soak in straight 100% bleach for 10 mins then rinse under tap water and leave soaking in water with dechlorinator for another 10 mins and it's good to go. There's no need to buy a second one I honestly clean mine the same time I do a water change which takes around the same time but I suppose it's always good to have a spare laying around in case of emergency :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.