The Planted Tank Forum banner
161 - 180 of 772 Posts

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
You want something that's 4 watts or less (preferably), rated for a continuous duty cycle, has 1/8npt ports, and 2 way, normally closed as well.

That one in the pic is 220vac.

110 is the easiest, dc solenoids need a power sourse and low voltage ac solenoids can be difficult to find a cheap power supply for.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
herns i hope you did not buy it from the guys (jairodz2012) with the used 6011. I place an other before xmas and i never got it. I have to dispute the transaction for my money back from evil bay
I got this from smokin247. It has been on e_bay for couple of mos. I think a lot from TPT got this stainless Burkert S.

I hope you didn't get those manifold mount ones. Do you have a pic?
The listing had ended but the photo is still on e bay.

Item number: 150958633465

Item Description.
NEW SS BURKERT SOLENOID VALVE 2822 2 WAY N.C. 6 BAR MAX 24V DC 2 WATT 1/8" NPT

I just found the thread.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2082478&postcount=14

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
So let say I find a solenoid that AC 110 or AC 120 that prewire with the DIN, 1/8 - 2 ports, would that work?

Why the work? There is like.. a million solenoid out there, beside the build quality, would any solenoid work? I don't see why not?

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
I got this from smokin247. It has been on e_bay for couple of mos. I think a lot from TPT got this stainless Burkert S.

The listing had ended but the photo is still on e bay.

Item number: 150958633465

Item Description.
NEW SS BURKERT SOLENOID VALVE 2822 2 WAY N.C. 6 BAR MAX 24V DC 2 WATT 1/8" NPT

I just found the thread.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2082478&postcount=14
lucky, didn't know that the seller still had them, or you bought it in Dec, grabbed the last two?

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
So let say I find a solenoid that AC 110 or AC 120 that prewire with the DIN, 1/8 - 2 ports, would that work?

Why the work? There is like.. a million solenoid out there, beside the build quality, would any solenoid work? I don't see why not?
besides the right voltage and the connection port type, the most important of all, make sure the power consumption is low, or it will burn your hand and the heat will shorten the life of that solenoid.

if not be able to find a 4 watts or below, let me know, there are some high quality 6 watts that doesn't burn.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
^ I'm still in search for that solenoid, was looking for one that has a DIN LED.

Anywhooo,

I decided to buy the brass CGA320 for 10 bucks, I heard the price wrong and it's actually 30 + 20 for the nickel plated ones. Unless you guys have a better source for 2inch Chrome or Nickel plated, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You should just spend to $30, and get the one from victor as it is the 2" version. I started off by getting the brass for $10, only to spend more money to upgrade later - why not when you are trying to build something the way you want it to look. I mean you tank is only going to cost $20 a year or whatever depending on the size you have. So what's an extra one time purchase of $20 in the beggining?

161 - 180 of 772 Posts