The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
eh, i dont have much experience with them as i just recently moved them into a highlight high fert area as opposed to them just surviving in a lowlight no co2 environment.. From what I understand, they're just like any stem plant, trim them short and let them branch/bush out like they should, you'll like the result i promise ;)

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When this or other toninas are in a scape they ate all relatively short in their perspective settings. I assume they will just keep growing to the surface like any other stem. The main reason I posted was to get a general consensus.

Also as a side note.

It really amazes me how some plants that seemed so hard to keep not that long ago seem to be all over the place now. I guess it's that lighting tech and the availability of good equipment (regulators, needle valves, etc?) is more available these days. I have only been in the high tech game fir five years or so. Maybe there has just been a renaissance of sorts in the hobby as of late?

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
I think it's got more to do with the soft water. Mine grow fine w/ inconsistent DIY CO2 and excel:hihi:

Oh yeah. I usually trim mine way before they get that high too simply because my tank isn't that high lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.