The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one berried shrimp 4wks ago. Two weeks ago I saw a second. As of a few days ago, one of them was no longer berried. As of tonight, the other one isn't either.

I don't see any babies. Does this mean the eggs were dropped? Or does it take some time before I would be able to see them? While I've had a few berried in the past, there has never been a baby shrimp. I had really hoped this was the time it would happen!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But will you be able to see them immediately? Or does it take awhile? The eggs are gone, hatched or dropped I don't know. The timing is right for one of the shrimp, it was berried as of four weeks ago. I have my fingers crossed! But the only way I'll be able to tell is if there are babies, and I don't see any yet.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Depends on what type of shrimp you are talking about. My PFRs and RCS hatch at between 19-22 days consistently. I can see babies right away but it depends on if you know what you are looking for because they are tiny. My OEBT just had babies at 30 days. I've got a CRS going longer than that. But if you aren't seeing eggs you either have dropped eggs or babies, one or the other. They are tiny so maybe be hard to see the first few days.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are just cherry shrimp. I'm hoping that maybe I'm just not seeing them. How many babies come from a batch of eggs?

My 7yo is very excited too, we've been watching the eggs every day waiting. He'll be disappointed too if there are no babies. I'm down to four cherries, so if there are no babies again, I'll buy some more and keep my fingers crossed again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was worried my cherry's weren't doing anything then all of a sudden I see a little dude perching on a piece of driftwood and a ton more just like him. Now I am anxiously waiting on my CRS and am nervous :)

Hope you see yours soon!

jeander

1 - 7 of 7 Posts