The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title suggests, what's the smallest nano tank that you have kept? - and I mean a serious one, not those ridiculously small ones with a single micro fish and one strand of moss in it. I'm talking nano tank that you maintain as you would any larger tank you may have.

I ask this because I will be keeping shrimp soon (first time) in my larger 20G. I wanted to also keep some in this 1.5G "tank" I have laying around..possibly get them to breed. I have an extra ZooMed 501 pump (yes I know I'd will have to seriously baffle the flow -probably using foam).

It would be low tech of course but curious to know if it's possible to maintain such a small tank...seeing your success would be great to hear! Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you plan to use the 1.5 gal for breeding shrimp let us know if you are succesful. Most shrimp would need something a bit larger. CRS need at least a 20 gal. and RCS will breed in a smaller tank like 5 gals.

BTW I maintained a 1 cup set up before. It was a clear coffee cup.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I'll have to simply try it out :p

I should have added that I'll be getting Cherry Shrimp. We'll see how it goes!

Breeding isn't a priority but it'd be nice (perhaps). Just maintaining a few shrimp will be just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.