The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female that's been berried a few weeks and she's remained in her cave completely for the last...oh...9 days or so. She came out today with no eggs and nothing hanging on her, so assuming she didn't drop all the eggs and eat them or eat ALL of the babies, how big should they be? Little bigger than newborn shrimp, a lot bigger, or? I can't see anything but I have LOTS of cholla logs, moss and such and they could be really hidden plus it's a 10 gallon. This is my first CPO group of babies so I'm not sure what basic 'size' I'm looking for. Last night she was still in her cave with a pile of gravel she'd pulled to the front to halfway block the entrance (or maybe to keep her buffet close by) but now it's down and she's out and about.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi Jaime

this was the last day of my female holding babies

and this was the first day of babies

they are big enough u can see
maybe they are hiding in cholla wood

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
They're the size of a juvie cherry shrimp when born, and very shy. They actually look like a cherry shrimp too, so don't keep them with cherries (like I accidently did, oops!)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha, too late Liam I just stuck 5 Supreme juvies in there today! LOL! I saw one on the momma's belly, eyes and all so it's a late bloomer. I REALLY hope she didn't eat them all. I chose to just cram the tank full of hidey holes and hope for the best...we'll see how many made it I guess when they come out. Sure wish I could find at least one little bugger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts