The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!!

How can i remove this algae and what is this???

Acuarium:

1w/liter-->>3,60 w per gallon (i think)

I add:

10 ppm NO3 on water change
1 ppm PO4 on water change
15 ppm Kon water chabge
0,1 ppm fe every day
co2 around 40 or more (kh 5 and ph 6,5)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
try using the search form and also reading about planted aquaria before jumping into almost 4wpg. what you have is a combination of what looks like green dust algae (GDA) and fuzz algae.

Aquarium Algae

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Aquarium Algae is a good reference for identifying algae and what to try to get rid of them. I second the comment about the high light intensity. Almost all algae, if not all algae, grow in response to light. So, the more light, the more the algae will grow. I find I have much better luck running my 2.4 watts per gallon for only 8 hours a day.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
First pic looks a little like Cladophora algae on the substrate. Tough to get rid off, but it might not be clado which generally looks a little darker green and is more branchy Best easy kill for clado is direct spray with a dosing syringe of Seachem Excel a few mls per algae bunch with the filters off for 5 minutes. and with care to not OD the tank/fish. I never put more than 20 mls Excel in a 65 gallon every couple of days to kill clado. One good squirt and its dead, and plants love the psuedo CO2 of Excel.
But it may be a more generic green fuzz algae which will be a lot easier to defeat. Regardless... Good advice from Hoppy and danepatrick. Reduce the light and water changes will help bigtime.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Yea, the first link might be clado, the algae from hell.

Betowess, has your clado ever come back? I see little bits and pieces here and there sometimes. Grrr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts