Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
35 gallon semi heavily planted

2 chain loach
10 galaxy danio
2 SAE
2 dwarf gourami

0 nitrate 0 ammonia, I do bi weekly 10-15% water changes.

I wanted to add some harlequin rasbora so I can have more fish in the upper strata of the tank, but I am thinking it may not be a
good idea.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You could probably get a trio of them and do slightly bigger water changes. I tend to stock my tanks more heavily than a lot of people on here, and it works for me, but it might not work for you. But if your current water parameters are that good, and you're willing to take the chance, I'd try it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Once you've got the water change equipment out, why not just do 50% instead? If you use a python, or make a DIY one for $25, it's only a matter of waiting a few more minutes. If you switch from buckets to a python, you'll save this time in bucket hauling/filling/pouring alone.

If you were to flip over to what I'm talking about, I'd say what you have right now would be a comfortable amount of fish. You could try adding 10 harlequins, but it might get a little intense.

This is all presuming you want a relatively easy, sustainable tank to maintain. Many fish can be packed out like you wouldn't believe if you keep the water clean.

-Philosophos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.