The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.

How often do you read through a thread and really want to type in "yaaa... good luck with that"? It happens to me on a daily basis but I never have the time to bust out a multi page explanation of how that should go.

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
I'm with you. Multiple times daily.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I would have been a "planted tank guru" a long time ago if I would post on every thread that I wanted to say something on. Sometimes it's better to just bite your tongue.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
You see someone post an algae infested tank beyond belief and then you have 30 posters telling them how to solve it. In the meantime, the whole tank needs to be nuked with bleach since there is absolutely no chance of bringing it back to life aside from starting fresh. That's when I usually shake my head and chuckle.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
One of my favorites are the threads to find out when the next $1 per gallon tank sale will be or if a certain LFS has a particular fish. Here's a thought - call them and ask!

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Just curious.

How often do you read through a thread and really want to type in "yaaa... good luck with that"? It happens to me on a daily basis but I never have the time to bust out a multi page explanation of how that should go.

Perhap's condense you thought's to a one page response??
Just don't use too many comma's.:hihi:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I hope I'm not over stepping here because I don't have 300 posts yet, but I have read numerous threads that could have been answered with a 5 second google search.

That or even just the search option on TPT in general...theres almost alwasy certain questions that get asked over and over again which a simple search would have answered....drives me nuts

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
I cringe every time a poster says their tank makes the fish or shrimp "happy". There fish, they don't get happy or sad. They eat, poop, breed and die.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
I cringe every time a poster says their tank makes the fish or shrimp "happy". There fish, they don't get happy or sad. They eat, poop, breed and die.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Just go with the flow. Roll the eyes and look the other way. Fish appear "happy"; makes hobbyist happy-what's wrong with being happy?

My vehicle, an Xterra, isn't even alive, but she can be a real betch when she wants to be :)

My pet peeve is replying/doing research/spending time for people too lazy to. They start a thread like it's a DIRE EMERGENCY, you hear back days, sometimes weeks later, (or never) only to have them reply, "Oh, I broke down the tank, got rid of the fish/shrimp/plant/etc-no biggie, I wasn't that interested anyway."

-Stef*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts