The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so as my username suggests I have a 40 gallon breeder that I'am currently cycling, and I have like the basic low tech plants (java fern, anubias, water sprite, floaters, water spiral something, and tiger lotus. Im on day 5 of cycling so i'am dosing seachem supplements such as iron, flourish, and flourish excel. My question is, once I add fish in after i am done cycling (bosemani rainbows x6, emerald green corries x6, 1x pearl gourami), do I still add the amount im adding? (3 ml roughly for my 40 gallon mark).the only thing im unsure of is if they are dying, because they have these little holes and some of the plants look less bright than usual!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so as my username suggests I have a 40 gallon breeder that I'am currently cycling, and I have like the basic low tech plants (java fern, anubias, water sprite, floaters, water spiral something, and tiger lotus. Im on day 5 of cycling so i'am dosing seachem supplements such as iron, flourish, and flourish excel. My question is, once I add fish in after i am done cycling (bosemani rainbows x6, emerald green corries x6, 1x pearl gourami), do I still add the amount im adding? (3 ml roughly for my 40 gallon mark).the only thing im unsure of is if they are dying, because they have these little holes and some of the plants look less bright than usual!
If these are newly planted then I am not sure they are dying, many plants sold in retail locations are not grown in water so they have to adjust to their new environment, they "melt" their leaves and hopefully grow back.

As far as the dosing, I go by what my plants tell me. I start with the recommendation amount and adjust as needed. Don't go crazy with the flourish iron, too much iron promotes certain types of algae. BBA being one of them and it is a pain to get rid of, I only use iron if the plants are showing a deficiency.

40 breeder is the best tank and what I am working on currently

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts