The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7 gallon planted tank, with a nicrew rgb +w 8 hours a day, and I was going to dose 2hr complete, 1ml for 4 days a week. Is this adequate for my tank?

Plants include- Frogbit, Marislea hirsuta, java fern, anubias, bacopa caroliniana. crypt wendtii bronze and green, Rotala rotundifolia and java moss.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 7 gallon planted tank, with a nicrew rgb +w 8 hours a day, and I was going to dose 2hr complete, 1ml for 4 days a week. Is this adequate for my tank?

Plants include- Frogbit, Marislea hirsuta, java fern, anubias, bacopa caroliniana. crypt wendtii bronze and green, Rotala rotundifolia and java moss.
Yup sounds good!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok yeah, im getting the new light and the 2hr fertz bc i have an algae problem. And I think its bc my plats dont have a chance to compete with the algae, however the plants are doing pretty good, its just the algae.
I love the ferts. Honestly if you aren’t super experienced with dealing with algae it also really helps to cut the light down to 6 hours while the algae is bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If all else fails you can try 2HR FIX to treat the algae. It works great for me. I've used it on BBA. One application is all it takes. I tried Seachem Excel and it did nothing. I even tested it undiluted on algae covered plants. I soaked the plants for 24 hours in pure Excel and the plants and algae were fine. No damage to either Had absolutely no observable effect. I know others use it with success, so maybe I had a bad bottle, if that's possible.

I found that spot dosing with H2O2 helps slow the algae down, but does not eliminate.

Prior to dosing with anything I first tried decreasing lights and food. My light has a 24/7 feature as well and that's how I initially had it set up. That setting is a good way to start an algae farm. By decreasing fish food to one light feeding a day and lights to 6-8 hours with a slightly lower intensity. I was able to eliminate over 90% of the algae. The only algae that remained was the BBA, which persisted on a couple plants in the tank. The 2HR Fix took care of that.

As for 2HR Complete, I would follow the dosing instructions provided with the product. If you haven't visited the 2HR website, it's worth checking out. A lot of good info there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts