The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm offering a 55 gallon tank with original covers and lights with a Marineland 400 filter, a old Aquatech 350 filter and a 250 W Stealth heater to a person. All equipment is currently running.
But I'm wondering what a fair price would be.
Anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I agree with Digsy, if you have the stand too. It probably depends on your location, but I recently sold a 55g with a canister filter, stand, double fluoro light fixture, and heater for $225.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
$250 sounds like a good price.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
I would think somewhere between $100-$200 since it's basically a complete setup...
I think this range is about right (I see no mention of a stand), and the condition of the goods would pick a spot in that range. There is a big difference between having two filters vs having two filters but can't find the media, hoses, etc.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies!! I was thinking $115 or so.
The 400 filter works great. It's the older model with the flow control on top and window to view the biowheel-the new ones are made cheaper without both...It also has extra media cartridges in it.
The 350 works good, but probably needs a new impeller as it is getting a little noisy.
Heater is only off by 2 degrees and going strong.
No stand. The lights are the original stock lights.

Regards to all! Comet

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
One problem you have is that there are always 55 gallon tanks for sale on Craigslist, usually at very low prices. I even picked up one free on FreeCycle. If you are able to find someone who wants a complete setup then you get the best price, but you don't have a complete setup, since you don't have a light fixture or a stand. So, I would start with about 50% of current Ebay prices, including shipping, for the filters, add perhaps $10 for the heater, plus about $50 for the tank.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok, I'm offering a 55 gallon tank with original covers and lights with a Marineland 400 filter, a old Aquatech 350 filter and a 250 W Stealth heater to a person. All equipment is currently running.
But I'm wondering what a fair price would be.
Anyone have a suggestion?
55 gal tank = $50
hood + lights = $30
400 Filter = $30
350 Filter = $20 9Can't find any info on this)
250 heater = $10

comes to $140

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again for the replies.
The person has passed up on the tank, just took the fish, so it's sitting here and I'm feeding it ammonia to keep it cycled. The bugger can take almost two Tbs. with no change in parameters after 2 hrs!
Don't know what to do with it at this time. Might just dump my two small black bar endler tanks with tons of java moss in it, maybe add the 5 gallon shrimp tank in there too!...Wouldn't be stunning looking:eek: but at least I won't have to deal with twice weekly cleanings of all those small filters and small water changes..
Have to give it some thought. :icon_roll

1 - 12 of 12 Posts