The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate duckweed. And they are guppy tanks, which makes it hard to scoop off the duckweed without scooping up the guppies.

·
Registered
824 Posts
LOL, you likely won't be able to use anything out of the bottle because of the included surfactants. It may be wiser to sacrifice some fry during the scooping.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
It isn't that hard to scoop up all of the duckweed, then keep doing it on a regular schedule before another big invasion can build up. If you lose a few guppies, you will soon have a lot more anyway. I never had a problem trapping fish when I scooped duckweed, because the layer was so dense no fish could hide in it. After the first time I was dipping the stuff out daily for several days until there was no more to reproduce.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't a completely serious post, I was mostly whining. With one tank it's not so bad, with a dozen or so it's a bit of a nuisance. All the tanks got cross infected with the Python water changer. One tank today was just about done, then I noticed the filter was full, then a big clump of algae had a lot of DW caught in it. Progress continues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts