The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 1TBL spoon of CSM+B into 250ml approximately the same as Seachem's Flourish Comprehensive?
I'm almost out of flourish comp so I'll need to mix up some csm+b. I'd like to keep the same strength since I'm used to 5ml 3x a week I'm dosing with flourish.
Do you also add flourish excel to prevent mold? How much into 250ml?

I've also been using flourish Iron, dosing at 5ml 3x a week so I would also like to know how much dry Fe to mix in with the CSM+B 250ml solution that is equivalent to flourish iron.

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I know I knew about that fert calc but totally forgot about it. I did search too before posting, funny that this didn't come up. there's so many out there and I forgot this one has calculations for flourish stuff. The one for iron DTPA 11% looks like its 6 tsp into 250 ml to make it close to flourish iron. For plantex csm+b, the iron in 3 tsp/1 tbl spoon is aproximately the same iron in flourish comp. Since I'll be combining both, I'll have one less to dose.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hmmm maybe I shouldn't put the two together for now so I can tailor the amount of iron to add since its a diff type of Fe. I was never afraid of OD with flourish iron since its in a form absorbed immediately per Seachem. Is FE OD something I should worry about with DTPA 11%?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I mix heavier on Fe and am not worried using DTPA, I'm not trying for any equivalent solution ratio with Seachem either.
500ml bottle
14.4 grams CSM+B
30 grams Fe
30ML excel (glut)

After mixing it takes overnight and shaking the bottle several times for everything to stay in suspension.

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts