The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand liquid ferts need some sort of preservative to not starting to grow bacteria or mold and one such option is muriatic acid. I also have citric acid if that can be used.

So if either is a good preservative, how much should I add to the recipes from https://sites.google.com/site/aquaticplantfertilizer/home/pps-pro ? Also I'm likely to mix up at least a gallon at a time and perhaps as much as 5 gallons. These 1g or 5g containers will be hooked up to a doser.

Thanks!

·
Planted Tanker
6,081 Posts
Dont know about muratic or citric acids. Distilled white or apple cider vinegar works well.

5-10 ml per 500 ml should do the trick. Sorta depends on whether the solution is going to sit for two months or two years. Two or three months probably doesnt need anything. Six months use a little bit, year or two use more, etc

Gluteraldehyde will do the same (Flourish Excel, Metricide, etc), but only if the container is light proof because it degrades over time exposed to light.

Only the micro or Fe solutions need it, not necessary for macros.

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
Would refrigeration negate the need for an anti fungal solution? Have fert dispenser bottles on the way right now, I'm also curious
Depends again on how long you plan to store the solution for.

Having it in the fridge will slow down potential mould, but not inhibit it completely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.