The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some kno3 and other dry ferts and need to know how much to dose. I have 0 nitrates ATM and would like to maintain 10ppm for starters and see how my plants do.

Tank size is 75g but with substrate and stuff actual water volume is probably 65g. So any idea how much I would need to add?

Also once I get it to 10ppm I can see how much is being used and adjust dose to maintain 10ppm consistently.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I bought some kno3 and other dry ferts and need to know how much to dose. I have 0 nitrates ATM and would like to maintain 10ppm for starters and see how my plants do.

Tank size is 75g but with substrate and stuff actual water volume is probably 65g. So any idea how much I would need to add?

Also once I get it to 10ppm I can see how much is being used and adjust dose to maintain 10ppm consistently.
look at the first link in the fertilizer forum, there is a list in there.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I use the calculator at http://rota.la

With EI you'll be doing a good water change every week.

I put my dry ferts in a dosing bottle and add 20ml kno3 every other day.

Each dose contains the right amount of kno3. I just diluted it further because I add water everyday anyway.

I have 500ml fert bottles for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.