The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 75 gallon, planted with mosses and hornwart, how many small fishes (tetras etc) should I have to ensure enough nitrates for my plants without having to supplement ferts?

·
Registered
220 Posts
This really depends on what type of lighting and whether you have co2...

I would still find a source for nitrates and phosphates unless your going pretty lowlight.

To be sure your going to have to try it out. Everyone feeds differently and that determines how much nitrate they make much more than how many fish you have.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Maybe a little understocked.If I read between the lines,you want more fish right?The old guideline was 1 inch of fish per gallon of water in the total system as a max amount.More than this apparently causes problems for you and your fish.if you want low maint. then keep the bioload low.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. @Wood, atm I only have java moss and hornwart, with future plans for some java fern. As far as I know, none of these plants require co2 injection to grow well, or am I missing something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.